Saturday, November 28, 2009

Packing Smart

I've never mastered the art of packing light - I love clean clothes and would freak out if I realise I did not bring along certain things I need only upon arrival at a foreign land. No matter where we go, we always have one big suitcase EACH. Therefore it never fails to amaze me how some couples with young children manage to go on a week-long trip with only 1 big suitcase - yes for the whole family!

Jay's cousin brought his young family to Korea for a skiing trip a couple of year back - his secret to lugging around only 1 suitcase? Vacuum packing bags! With all the thick winterwear, it's impossible to pack all their items into 1 suitcase, no matter how big it is hehe...

With his advice in mind, I have been trying to hunt for such vacuum bags at cheap household stores. As always, my favourite Daiso was selling them (in various sizes and colours too!) at their usual SGD2 per item - what a steal!


So this is how the bags differ from normal zip-lock bags! When you roll the bag to get rid of excess air, the special zip / filter prevents backflow of air which is why you could almost pack your items flat. Only thing is you will end up with incredibly wrinkled clothes so this is definitely NOT recommended for business wear! For our thick winterwear this is perfect, I guess. So head on down to Daiso if you have one in your country. I never leave that place empty-handed because everything is SGD2 and oh-so-addordable ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment